TERMS OF REFRENCES Request for E-Marketing Trainers
Women Affairs Center, WAC, is a women knowledge-based center playing an innovative and catalytic role in empowering women; and advocating women's rights and gender equality in the Palestinian sustainable development process. Its mission reflects that it is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of empowering women and advocating women’s rights and gender equality through capacity development, information and innovative research and advocacy programs. While implementing its strategy to fulfill its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
WAC is implementing “Economic Empowerment for Gaza Entrepreneurs (GoPinky21)” project which is funded by DanChurchAid/Norwegian Church Aid (DCA/NCA). The project aims at enhancing the economic empowerment and increasing the prosperity for low-income young women and men in the Gaza Strip through joint approaches that support innovation and entrepreneurship to overcome challenges that impede achieving a progress towards a sustainable economic development. It targets two main groups: unemployed young female graduates and young Gazan entrepreneurs. It provides support to young female graduates to acquire digital skills and competencies required in the labor market and to young entrepreneurs to create new innovative businesses, which will in turn create employment opportunities and address market related challenges.
WAC is considering the selection of highly qualified E-Marketing Trainers to provide support and guidance to young entrepreneurs incubated by MAAN to successfully market their business start-ups and develop digital marketing skills.
Trainers will be mainly responsible for providing 20 training hours on E-Marketing for young entrepreneurs to increase their capacity in what regards communications skills, ensure their enterprises' sustainability and visibility, and keep abreast with industry trends and social media.
25 entrepreneurs (females and males).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The E-Marketing trainer will be required to carry out the following tasks under the direct supervision of the project coordinator:
- Participate in an orientation session with the project coordinators to discuss the methodology of work adopted by WAC & MAAN, and with entrepreneurs to establish and launch the training relationship.
- Develop an action plan for conducting the training sessions of Digital Marketing for the target group. This includes working with the project team to agree upon the main topics to be covered, and the training methodologies.
- Develop the necessary theoretical and practical training materials, contents and related resources for the training.
- Develop pre/post tests and conduct the required analysis in addition to prepare reports accordingly. Raw data should be handed over, as well.
- Conduct technical assessment for the trainees and providing related recommendations on their technical development plans to identify their needs and shortcomings.
- Design and implement tools to measure the training impact and to provide individual recommendations for the trainees.
- Ensure proper baseline data collection as well as end-line data collection in line with the evaluation strategy.
- Help the entrepreneurs to identify other sources of support as appropriate.
- Provide encouragement to sustain the entrepreneurs' motivation.
- Recognize and celebrate progress as it is made.
- Submit quarterly reports to WAC regarding the status of the relationship and work progress.
- Give continuous feedback, validation, and recommendations for the related stakeholders.
- Participate in meetings and workshops related to the project activities.
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures of WAC.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the project coordinator concerning the mission.
Ps. The assigned trainer has to plan, design, and implement the training that could be delivered face to face or online if needed, depending on the situation of COVID 19.
- A university degree in any field relevant to the trainer’s field of training experience, Master’s degree is preferable.
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices, and a proven working experience as a trainer in E-Marketing.
- Experience in working closely with entrepreneurs, and experience in advising on ICT entrepreneurial ideas.
- Good online research skills.
- An adequate knowledge of local and regional markets and business opportunities for the (digital) marketing industry, and understanding in digital trends.
- Excellent, proven writing capabilities with ability to adapt tone as per various audience requirements.
- Experience with B2C and B2B social media marketing, SEM and email campaigns, and have the ability to develop and implement SEO, PPC strategies.
- Solid knowledge of web analytics tools.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Business-related knowledge and the ability to combine marketing decisions with business goals.
- Commitment to the mandate and values of WAC to help youth to help themselves.
- Adept at relating to and empathizing with young youth and their aspirations.
- Skilled at providing positive and constructive feedback and challenging assumptions as required.
- Accessible, reliable and able to meet commitments.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Good knowledge in MS Office applications, virtual tools such as Zoom, Skype, Google classroom, WhatsApp groups … etc.
The E-Marketing trainer has to deliver the following:
- A detailed work plan including the methodology, timeline and activities.
- Training material.
- Progress reports of the implemented tasks, associated deliverables and the work progress in English language.
- A comprehensive final report in English language including but not limited to: executive summary, methodology, implemented activities, results, lessons learnt, success stories, risks analysis and recommendations for the intervention at the near and long-term developmental level. Validation on the submitted report from the Project Coordinator is a must.
- Media coverage materials and rushes.
The E-Marketing training hours should be delivered over a period of 2 weeks. The work timeline may be altered by the project and ICT – WAC team at its discretion. A high commitment should be granted to the timeframe and any change in the timeframe should be discussed, justified and validated by WAC. Any setback occurs affecting on the cycle of the sessions due to failure of trainer; WAC reserves the right to terminate the contracts without offering and compensations.
- Financial offer 30%.
- Relevant Experience, scientific background and Proposed Methodology of carrying the assignment/ Technical Offer 70%.
Award criteria: WAC will award the Contract to the Candidate whose proposal has been determined to be substantially responsive to the documents of the Request for Proposal and which has obtained the highest overall score.
Interested applicants should hand over technical and financial offers, as below:
- Trainer's description: A copy of the ID Card and CV highlighting past relevant assignments, the CV must highlight experience in conducting similar assignments.
- The trainer shall submit a technical offer including but not limited: (approach and methodology, timeframe with clear details concerning how the component to be executed).
- Financial offer shall be submitted only in USD currency. (Use the enclosed template!)
Closing date for receiving offers is 17/10/2021, at 1:00 PM (local time of the Palestinian Territory). Offers must be submitted by hand on WAC office - Procurement Department.
Address: Al-Nasr - Al-Lababidi Street - Al-Saeed Building – 2nd Floor.
Only shortlisted candidates will be reached out.
Proposals shall remain valid and open for acceptance for 120 days after the closing date.
WAC reserves the right to contact the candidates having submitted proposals determined to be substantially and technically responsive, to propose a negotiation of the terms of such proposals. Negotiations will not entail any substantial deviation to the terms and conditions of the Request for Proposal, but shall have the purpose of obtaining from the Candidates better conditions in terms of technical quality, implementation periods, payment conditions, etc.
Negotiations may however have the purpose of reducing the scope of the services or revising other terms of the Contract to reduce the proposed remuneration when the proposed remunerations exceed the available budget.
- Signature and entry into force of the Contract:
Prior to the expiration of the period of the validity of the proposal, WAC will inform the successful Candidate in writing that its proposal has been accepted.
Within 5 days of receipt of the Contract, not yet signed by WAC, the successful candidate must sign and date the Contract and return it to WAC. On signing the Contract, the successful Candidate will become the Contractor and the Contract will enter into force once signed by WAC.
If the successful Candidate fails to sign and return the Contract within the days stipulated, WAC may consider the acceptance of the proposal to be cancelled without prejudice to the Contracting Authority's right to claim compensation or pursue any other remedy in respect of such failure, and the successful Candidate will have no claim whatsoever on WAC.
- Cancellation for convenience:
WAC may for its own convenience and without charge or liability cancel the procedure at any stage.
Please Upload the full TOR from here