Terms of Reference Participating in Advanced Gender Research Methodology Training
Background on WAC
WAC was established on August 1991 by a group of activist professional women to promote women's rights and gender equality within the Palestinian society via empowering and enhancing women abilities in a range of non-traditional skills to address the problems and respond to the needs of women under the difficult political, socio-economic, cultural and legal context in the Gaza Strip. WAC was registered at the Ministry of Interior as an NGO on 12/4/2001 with registration number 7078.
WAC vision states that it is a women knowledge-based organization playing an innovative and catalytic role in empowering women, advocating women's human rights and gender equality in the Palestinian sustainable development process. Its mission indicates that it is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of advocating women’s human rights and gender equality through empowering women, information and innovative research and advocacy programs. While implementing its strategy to fulfil its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
WAC strategic goals are:
- To contribute in developing the capacity of WACs staff and, local women CBOs, young women leaders and vulnerable women towards women's leadership, empowerment and participation in political and public life.
- To contribute in improved knowledge-led and informed decision making on women and gender issues through research and knowledge management.
- To contribute in creating supporting environment; and promoting a change in policies, strategies and legislation for enhancing women’s human rights, gender equality and women's participation in political and public life.
Call for Research Trainees in Advanced Gender Research Methodologies:
- The assignment overall objective is to improve the overall quality of research conducted by WAC in gender studies. Additionally, encouraging and engaging more newly graduated and young energetic researchers into women studied through provision of training, motivating and guiding to conduct world-class analytical research in gender and women studies.
Its specific objectives are to:
- To capacitate the selected participants of newly graduated and energetic young researchers through developing their sustainable abilities in conducting high caliber analytical research using mixed qualitative and quantitative methods in gender -based and women research.
- To raise the capacities and improve the practices of WAC staff in conducting mixed qualitative and quantitative methods women and gender studies.
Scope of Work
- Be open-minded for learning.
- Carry out tasks during the
- training sessions as per requested.
- Participate in learning experiences.
- Show commitment for attending meetings and workshops as planned and scheduled session whether by online learning routs e.g. Zoom or in person sessions.
- If necessary, travel to other working environments to gain practical experience.
- Accept law and abide by the rules and regulations set by WAC.
Approach and Methodology
- Actively participate in training needs session.
- Actively participate in interactive learning, learning by doing through practical applications, and using small group discussions to learn from each other and from the trainer.
- Actively participate in pre- and post-training evaluation questionnaire to measure the knowledge outgrowth and skills development.
Required Academic Qualification and Experience
- A University graduate with a Bachelor Degree in Arts, Social sciences or other related fields.
- A good C.V. with clear interest in research (preferably in gender-based and women studies) or with previous experience with women organizations.
- This announcement is eligible only for gradates with Bachelor Degree and above.
- Age between 20-40 years
- Improved knowledge and skills of the selected participants to conduct a high caliber research in women and gender studies using mixed qualitative and quantitative methods.
Training Plan and Timetable
- The time frame of this training scheme is a maximum of two calendar weeks starting from the date of initiating the training course as scheduled with WAC. The interested researchers should submit their C.V. no later than Thursday, 23 September, 2021.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- WAC will provide the selected research trainees with training manuals and any course related materials.
- WAC will provide a certificate for the trainees at the end of the course.
- WAC will offer the training hall and Zoom connection.
Closing Date and Delivery:
WAC Address: Al Rimal –Khalil Al Wasir ST.Al Said Building
Tel: 00970 8 2877311. 2877312.