Terms of Reference for
Conducted Business Development Training on Incubator and Accelerators
Women Affairs Center (WAC) was established on August 1991 by a group of activist professional women to promote women's rights and gender equality within the Palestinian society via empowering and enhancing women abilities in a range of nontraditional skills to address the problems and respond to the needs of women under the difficult political, socioeconomic, cultural and legal context in the Gaza Strip. It’s a women knowledge based center playing an innovative and catalytic role in empowering women; and advocating women's rights and gender equality in the Palestinian sustainable development process. WAC is an independent and nonprofit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of empowering women and advocating women’s rights and gender equality through capacity development, information and innovative research and advocacy programs.
Status of Economic Situation of Women in the Gaza Strip
PCBS (2018) presented high population growth rate (3.44%), population number is 1.94 million, 5 births of fertility rate, and large household size (5.7). The GDP per capita is 1,734.6 USD, 38.8% of population are living below poverty line, and 21.1% of population are living below deep poverty line.
Women face extreme discrimination in terms of employment and income opportunities, restricting them from both entering the labour force, or finding fairly paid work in which their rights are upheld. Women’s unemployment rates remained high at 50.1% and women’s participation rates in the labour market stood only at 17.4% (compared with 65.9% for males) in Gaza. The majority of formally employed Palestinian women work in part-time positions, in fields such as education and clerical work. 38.3% of women are working in the informal sector, compared to 9.2% of men. Public-sector wages showed significant disparities between men and women, the average daily wages earned by women amounting to only 84% of those earned by men. Palestinian society still perceives women’s presence in the labor market as a threat to men’s work opportunities, and as being more expensive to the employer than the presence of men, because of the perceived high costs of their employment owing to marital status and maternity leave. The World Bank (2018) stated that unemployment among youth reached 70% due to change in context reflected by lack of progress towards peace and reconciliation, decline in donor funding and unstainable economic situation. The percentage of households headed by a young person aged (15-29) reached 17%. Young women face in labor market multiple deprivations and constraints that underlie gender inequality specially lack of their employability skills. There are high unemployment rates (83%) among young women graduates. More than one third (28%) of the young females in Gaza Strip desire to immigrate abroad.
B: Objective of this Consultancy
- WAC will contract a company for Conducting 40 training hours divided 8 training days, for 10 WAC staff in accelerator and incubators.
C: Purpose and expected outputs of this assignment
For more details please download full TOR, PLEASE click Here
D: Specific Duties and Responsibilities
To achieve the above objective, the company will be responsible for implementing the 40 training hours (5 hour per day X8 days) after signing the contract with the selected company)
E: Qualification and experience required
The proposed team by the form for the assignment needs to have the following educational background and experience.
- MSc degree with demonstrable expertise (at least 5 years) in Economics, Social development especially and entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrable experience in accelerator and incubators.
- The interested company is invited to submit the following application documents: • Technical Proposal, not exceeding 7 pages, • Financial proposal detailing company itemized fees, • CVs of the consultant(s) who will undertake the operational plan.
F. Reporting Requirements:
The reports must match quality standards. The text of the report should be illustrated, as appropriate, with graphs and tables and in English language.
G. Output and Deliverables
A comprehensive report (in English) (soft & hard copy) that:
- Summary of achievement.
- Training Methodology.
Documents to be included when submitting the offer:
The company shall submit the following documents/information:
1.Technical offer (in Arabic):
- C.Vs of the trainers
- Portfolio of Experience: provide lists of similar (and commentary) consultancies, etc., to assess competencies and skills of the applicant.
2. Detailed Financial proposal (expected budget).
Company offer should contain the following:
- One copy of both Technical and Financial offers in separate and sealed envelopes.
- Profile / CVS of the trainers with relevant experience in similar training topics.
- The prices in dollar.
- The evaluation method will be the quality and cost based selection. A two-stage procedure shall be utilised in evaluating the Proposals; a technical evaluation and a financial evaluation.
Proposals will be ranked according to their combined technical and financial scores using the weights of <70>% for the Technical Proposal; and <30>% for the offered price.
Closing Date and Delivery:
Closing date for receiving consultancy offers is 12/07/2021. at 12:00 PM. Offers must be submitted by hand on WAC office- Procurement Department.
FOR any questions contact project coordinator Reem El Nairab