“Enhanced resilience of micro businesses and create sustainable livelihood opportunities in the Gaza Strip”
مشروع تحسين صمود المشاريع متناهية الصغر وخلق فرص سبل العيش المستدام في قطاع غزّة – سوا
SAWA project Implemented by Enable
In partnership with Women's Affairs Center - WAC
Funded by: European Union (EU)
Introduction and Background
Women Affairs Center (WAC) was established on August 1991 by a group of activist professional women to promote women's rights and gender equality within the Palestinian society via empowering and enhancing women abilities in a range of non-traditional skills to address the problems and respond to the needs of women under the difficult political, socioeconomic, cultural and legal context in the Gaza Strip. It’s a women knowledge based center playing an innovative and catalytic role in empowering women; and advocating women's rights and gender equality in the Palestinian sustainable development process. WAC is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of empowering women and advocating women’s rights and gender equality through capacity development, information and innovative research and advocacy programs.
SAWA is a 3-year project (20 months contract with WAC) and aims to contribute to economic resilience in the Gaza Strip through enhancing the resilience and sustainability of micro-businesses in the Gaza Strip and initiating sustainable and innovative green/circular economy initiatives. SAWA is implemented in a partnership with WAC in Gaza city and North Governorates, following a community-based approach in which their capacity will be upgraded in the field of business development services and green/circular economy allowing them to deliver high quality services to their communities As such, the project will support the creation of viable and economically sound micro-businesses that are essential for livelihood, self-employment and long-term job creation through providing capacity building, skills enhancement, seed funding coaching and mentoring and technical assistance to vulnerable and marginalized groups.
WAC has received a lot of applications from targeted localities, number of BNFs have been selected to the training through a process of scoring, screening, field verification visits and interviews of candidates. Now, WAC implements training for micro enterprise development covering many skills development topics (Introduction for MSMEs and Project Life Cycle, SWOT Analysis, Market Study, Financial Study, Book Keeping, E-Marketing, Risk Management and Life Skills) for the selected training BNFs. As a result of the training, trainees will submit Business plans (BPs) for their business ideas, BPs will be evaluated through a process of evaluation, interviews and finally selected for granting.
WAC is seeking individual consultant (business development expert) to support and assist in selecting the viable business ideas based on selection criteria and on expert’s experience.
Objective of this Consultancy
WAC will contract an external individual consultant (Business Development Expert) to evaluate and screen the 75 business intervention plans with microbusiness ideas and participate in interviews panels to select the most viable business ideas.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
To achieve the above objective, the consultant will be responsible for screening and evaluation of business plans, participate in interviews panels to SAWA candidate BNFs. The consultant, through this assignment, is responsible for the following main tasks:
- Within the framework of the project, the outputs of this assignment will serve as an evidence base for, Screen and evaluate the submitted business plans by trainees (max 75 business plan)
- The submitted report should reflect the assessment of the BD expert as an expert perspective, and should include and not limited to (Business idea, Financial and management plan, financial study, startup capital and payback period, marketing, viability and feasibility, …etc).
- Participate in the evaluation and selection committee (interviews approach-) of 75 candidate beneficiaries and evaluation of the business plans submitted by candidate beneficiaries for the direct financial support.
- The candidate should take in his consideration that the 75 business ideas are from different sectors such as (services / commercial / industrial –production and agricultural)
Duration of contract
Work is expected to be finalized within 15 working days after signing the contract with the selected consultant. The consultant should submit a timesheet up to the specified Working Days (WD = 8 Working Hours).
Time will be divided in three major stages to be accomplished:
- 1st round – April 2021.
- 2nd & 3rd round – May-June 2021.
The reports must match quality standards. The text of the report should be illustrated, as appropriate, with graphs and tables and in English language.
The Required qualifications for the consultant:
- Academic Qualifications: Bachelor degree in business administration, industrial engineering or a relevant field (e.g. marketing, economics, finance, accounting, management, business development or any relevant fields with an emphasis on economic development and/or empowerment, An MBA would be added assets.
- 3-5 years of directly related experience in marketing, business planning, pricing and financial analysis, micro-small businesses consulting/coaching, business development needs specification experience preferred.
- Proven experience in working in micro-small businesses development with special emphasis on socio-economic empowerment issues with evidence, scalability and sustainability.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the social/ cultural and economic context of Gaza Strip (mainly targeted areas) and in business sectors (Industrial, services, agriculture and commercial) growth and obstacles.
- Excellent reporting skills in English.
Please attach the TOR here for more details :
- Output and Deliverables.
- Documents to be included when submitting the offer.
- Financial offer.
The interested consultants(individually) are kindly requested to express approval of the offer by signing all the TOR papers, with submitting the requested documents to the below email before 21/04/2021.
For further information, please contact :0597715068
WAC Address : Al Rimal –Khalil Al Wasir ST.Al Said Building Tel: 00970 8 2877311. 2877312.