Women’s Affairs Center (WAC) is a registered independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of advocating women’s human rights and gender equality through Empowering Women, Information and Research, and Advocacy and Outreach programs. While implementing its strategy to fulfil its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
WAC is partnering with The German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) within the Civil Society Program (CSP) which aims to improve the capacity of Civil Society Organizations in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
Within the framework of this partnership, WAC is seeking to hire a competent and highly qualified Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Advisor to work in its office in Gaza. The MEAL Advisor will report directly to WAC’s Director.
Position Title: MEAL Advisor – Full-time
Location: Gaza Strip
ABOUT THE JOB:
This position is considered one of the key supportive positions that will contribute to developing WAC’s performance and help WAC in fulfilling its strategic objectives.
In cooperation with the programs and other MEAL staff, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Advisor will support the strategic planning and implementation of all processes and activities required to improve WAC’s interventions and ensure that the designed intervention produce positive impact on beneficiaries’ lives.
S/he will additionally work with the project teams to ensure an efficient, accurate and transparent data flow from collection in the field to analysis and use, with particular focus on safeguarding and confidentiality of beneficiaries at all times.
- Ensure that WAC’s annual action plan and strategic plan, including MEAL plans, data collection, measurement of performance, MEAL tools and methodologies, are achieved with high quality.
- Contribute actively in reviewing the design and implementation of WAC’s interventions, including impact monitoring of WAC’s programs and projects and updating WAC’s MEAL system as required in cooperation with relevant staff.
- Support the development of relevant and quality data collection tools for quantitative and qualitative research related to our programs and projects, e.g. rapid assessments, baseline/endline surveys, guides, etc.
- Lead the planning and / or conducting field data collection and monitoring exercises.
- Collaborate with WAC’s project and program teams to ensure appropriate data management for all programs.
- Collaborate with project and program teams to ensure actions are taken based on MEAL findings and recommendations.
- Assist in other tasks as required by WAC Director, including extensive support to other programs if necessary.
- Develop the capacity of and provide coaching to program, project and MEAL teams in related topics to keep their performance up-to-standards.
- Review WAC accountability mechanisms such as feedback and complain system to ensure its compliance with international standers, especially the Core Humanitarian Standers’ (CHS).
- Master Degree in social sciences, humanitarian and/or development studies, or relevant field.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within the humanitarian field and MEAL work.
Knowledge and skills:
- Vast experience in project cycle management, leading participative processes, as well as designing, planning and implementing MEAL concepts, processes and tools.
- Detailed knowledge of ethical issues related to project management: gender equality, leave no one behind and do no harm principles.
- Very good understanding in accountability towards target groups associated systems and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design and analysis of qualitative and quantitative research methods required.
- Capacity to think critically and produce high-quality reports and analysis.
- Advanced level of proficiency in computer skills.
- Strong coaching, inter-personal, communication and leadership skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
To apply send a cover letter in English demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the post along with your CV, which should include three references to: [email protected] AND fill the application (click here)
Please indicate in the email subject: MEAL Advisor Position.
Closing date for applications is: 21/03/2021 at 12:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.