TERMS OF REFRENCES REQUEST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE/ Project Technical Consultant Individual
Implemented by: Woman’s Affairs Center (WAC)
|August 10th, 2023||Date of issue:|
|REQUEST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE/ Project Technical consultant Individual||Contract title:|
|Time-Based Contract||Contract type: |
|Combat plastic pollution through innovative and climate-friendly recycling business models||Project title:|
|Thursday, August 17th, 2023, at 1:00 pm (local time of the Palestinian Territory)||:Closing date|
|Women's Affairs Center - Gaza Al-Nasr - Al-Lababidi Street - Al-Saeed Building – 2nd Floor. Email: [email protected]|
Women Affairs Center (WAC) was established in August 1991 by a group of activist professional women to promote women's rights and gender equality within the Palestinian society via empowering and enhancing women's abilities in a range of non-traditional skills to address the problems and respond to the needs of women under the difficult political, socioeconomic, cultural and legal context in the Gaza Strip. It’s a women's knowledge-based centre playing an innovative and catalytic role in empowering women and advocating women's rights and gender equality in the Palestinian sustainable development process. WAC is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of empowering women and advocating women’s rights and gender equality through capacity development, information, and innovative research and advocacy programs.
DCA/NCA and its implementing partner, Women Affairs Centre (WAC), propose a responsive gender-responsive project to tackle plastic waste problems by empowering women against the negative effects of Climate to improve SWM among local stakeholders and their existing opportunities to create a more enabling policy and regulatory environment in collaboration with local duty bearers communities, and private sector actors to enhance better understanding of the eco-system of plastic waste management including the main stakeholders operating in this field.
Background of the project: -
The project " Combat plastic pollution through innovative and climate-friendly recycling business models " is 6 months, it implemented by WAC and funded by DCA/NCA.
The Project will focus on different solutions for the management and treatment of solid waste especially plastic, whilst meeting the basic humanitarian needs of GBV survivors and their families.
In addition, support female entrepreneurs that are from a low socio-economic background by creating an income generation business through innovative and friendly climate-friendly business models in plastic (generation, collection, transfer, transport, sorting, processing, and recycling) to turn plastic waste as raw material that could be remanufactured in Gaza.
Objectives of the Assignment The main objective of the consultancy is to support WAC project team Within the framework of the project, the outputs of this assignment will include Providing consultancy services to provide relevant technical advice Which ensures the successful and efficient implementation of project activities during the project period.
The Consultant is primarily responsible for providing technical, policy, and project implementation support and oversight, and knowledge and capacity development services to the project teamwork Specific results are
expected in the areas of:
- Develop the TOR to the to building a new plastic shredding machine with the highest possible quality and lowest prices, in the north governorate
- locate the best location of the new shredding machine according to the environmental, social, and health concerns without obstacles from community.
- Develop the TOR of the solar panels setup system and monitor all the aspects related to this machine (location preparation, site identification, environmental and societal factors for choosing location, water and electricity supplies, infrastructure, installation, designs, plans, tenders, operation, technical details, economic feasibility study, maintenance, and installation solar panels).
- Providing complete and comprehensive documented detail for all technical equipment, components, and tools of shredding machines and containers, in both Arabic and English.
- Follow up the maintenance and solar panel installation for the first existing shredding machine in the Khan Younis governate.
- Support the selection of female entrepreneurs who have the basic skills to run an environmentally friendly project and providing them with support and advice in all aspects
- Follow up the female entrepreneurs with the Business advisor in the marketing of recycled plastic and expanding business opportunities to properly deal with the plastic waste shredding machines and follow-up all stages of plastic waste management (collection, transfer, transport, sorting, processing and recycling, disposal).
- Enhancing the role of female entrepreneurs in managing their project, facilitating obstacles, and networking them with stakeholders.
- Provide orientation and advisement to any challenges which related to the project (during and after) project implementation.
- Select the proper type and design of containers and take in consideration the cost, quality, social and environmental criteria by preparing the TOR with the project coordinator in the specification and design of the containers.
- locate the best location of these containers that ensure easy and safe access by the targeted group according to the environmental, social, and health concerns without obstacles from community.
- Support networking with local municipalities & key actors to ensure excellent management, transfer, transport of the containers (Municipalities will be the main responsible points for gathering the plastic collected and sorted by the targeted communities to maintain the sustainability that will be established according to the requirements.
- Providing environmental and technical consultations for the innovative solutions competition on a community/individual level for an innovative solution to tackle solid waste management, the innovations will among other things be assessed with environmental and social safeguards in mind.
- Coordination with representatives to engage key actors and service providers (Ministry of Local Government, Water Authority and Environment Quality, Ministry of Health, Local Authorities (Municipalities), and Joint Service Councils), private sectors, UN agencies, and INGOs to discuss their interventions in regard to plastic
- waste, challenges, successes and lessons learned to discuss the improvement measures for plastic waste collection, challenges, and mitigation measures.
- Continuous Support: The consultant will be available for additional support and consultation. respond to queries, address concerns, and offer guidance as needed.
- Advocacy towards monitoring and supervision to ensure continuity of business sustainability.
- Provide all required reports related to the all required tasks in both Arabic and English languages.
- Preparing terms of reference (TORs) and tenders for the upcoming project phases in both Arabic and English as required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the project coordinator concerning the mission.
- Ensuring that all supplies related to the project are environmentally friendly and follow the principles of green sustainability along the value chain.
- A report to be delivered at the end of each implemented activity which includes all the details accomplished in both Arabic and English about the progress of the project in addition to the challenges and recommendations.
Consultancy offers should contain the following:
- One copy of both Technical and Financial offers in separate and sealed envelopes.
- Profile / CV of the consultant with relevant experience in similar consultancies.
- The prices in U.S.Dollars.
- Action Plan of the expected period to accomplish the required service within the project duration.
- Copy of ID.