Job Vacancy: Project Coordinator
Women’s Affairs Center (WAC) is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of advocating women’s human rights and gender equality through the Women Protection and Empowerment Program, Research and Knowledge Management Program, and Community Engagement and Advocacy Program. While implementing its strategy to fulfill its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
Funded by the Government of Norway in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme/ Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People and in cooperation with the Women’s Affairs Center (WAC) WAC will be implementing a project under the title "Path to Economic Resilience: Facilitating Decent Jobs in the Gaza Strip". The project is designed to address the main problem of "lack of economic prospects for Palestinian youth and women including with disabilities, and their inability to access decent job opportunities." This is by supporting youth, women, and marginalized groups in the Gaza Strip with greater access to decent productive work opportunities and contributing to sustainable and inclusive economic development.
WAC is seeking a qualified Project Coordinator to join its team in Gaza. Following is the description of this position:
Vacant Position: Project Coordinator – (Full-time)
Location: Gaza Strip
Contract Duration: one year (including 3 months probationary period)
- Fully engaged in all steps of project cycle management of the project, including supporting WAC in project design, monitoring, implementation, and reporting.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation activities and quality assurance for project implementation.
- Ensure preparation of timely and high-quality progress reports, program reports, and donor reports as required.
- Monitor projects financial issues and ensure full harmony between the implemented activities and financial expenditures.
- Coordination with other stakeholders and relevant actors
- Follow up on the daily progress of the project activities.
- Ensure that all aspects of the project are organized and in conformance with the timeline and deliverables requirements.
- Assist the WAC team in designing and developing the project proposal.
- Regular feedback to the director regarding the implementation progress and recommendations to promote the quality of the project outputs.
- Collaborate with other coordinators at WAC’s to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the project activities by ensuring the smooth flow of information and timely coordination.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Engineering, or any related fields
- At least 3 years of experience in similar positions and in similar sector (Cash for Work Projects).
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) programs.
- Professional experience in UN-funded projects is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to organize work and implement activities with high-level standards, and a proven track record in producing quality work.
- Demonstrated capacity for teamwork and coordination with all partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Proven experience in proposal writing
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively and independently under pressure.
- Interested candidates should send a cover letter in English demonstrating how their skills and experience match the job along with their CV to: [email protected] AND fill in the application form Click here
- Please indicate in the email subject: Project Coordinator Position.
- Closing date for applications: 21 May 2023.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.