Women’s Affairs Center (WAC) is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of advocating women’s human rights and gender equality through the Women Protection and Empowerment Program, Research and Knowledge Management Program, and Community Engagement and Advocacy Program. While implementing its strategy to fulfill its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
Funded by the Government of Norway in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme/ Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People and in cooperation with the Women’s Affairs Center (WAC) WAC will be implementing a project under the title "Path to Economic Resilience: Facilitating Decent Jobs in the Gaza Strip". The project is designed to address the main problem of "lack of economic prospects for Palestinian youth and women including with disabilities, and their inability to access decent job opportunities." This is by supporting youth, women, and marginalized groups in the Gaza Strip with greater access to decent productive work opportunities and contributing to sustainable and inclusive economic development.
WAC is seeking a qualified Accountant to join its team in Gaza. Following is the description of this position:
Vacant Position: Accountant – 50% part-time
Location: Gaza Strip
- Responsible for the project accounting and finance functions including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, and banking.
- Prepare Payment vouchers for the project’s disbursements and ensure attaching all necessary supporting documents.
- Budget control for the project’s disbursements
- Review all financial documents of grants and ensure that all financial activities are implemented according to approved plans and agreed-upon standards
- Follow up on the bank and book balances.
- Participate in ensuring all accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in systematic order and in a safe and secure condition under the custody of the organization.
- Prepare the project financial reports.
- Enter the project data in the WAC accounting system.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- A Bachelor Degree in Accounting or a relevant field
- Minimum two years of accounting and financial management experience,
- Professional experience in UN-funded projects is an asset.
- Good knowledge of general financial accounting
- Experience in using the accounting system (Golden Asseal)
- Very organized and structured.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Interested candidates should send a cover letter in English demonstrating how their skills and experience match the job along with their CV to: [email protected] AND fill in the application form Click here
- Please indicate in the email subject: Accountant Position.
- Closing date for applications: Tuesday, May 11, 2023.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.