Women’s Affairs Center (WAC) is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of advocating women’s human rights and gender equality through Empowering Women, Information and Research, and Advocacy and Outreach programs. While implementing its strategy to fulfill its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
With funding from DanChurchAid (DCA) and Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) and in Cooperation with the Women’s Affairs Center (WAC), WAC will be implementing a project under the title "Economic empowerment for Gaza entrepreneurs” for the year 2023. The project is designed to respond to the high unemployment and poverty rates among a large segment of young women graduates. This is by empowering them to have greater access to decent job opportunities through freelance work. The project aims to enhance the freelancing skills among the targeted beneficiaries by providing training and coaching on freelancing-related tracks.
WAC is seeking a highly motivated candidate for the position of Project Assistant to work in its office in Gaza. Following is the description of this position:
Vacant Position: Project Assistant – (Full-time)
Location: Gaza Strip
Contract Duration: 6 Months with the possibility of extension
Expected Starting date: ASAP
She/he will be reporting directly to Project Coordinator.
Project Assistant responsibilities:
- Follow up on the daily progress of the project activities.
- Organize project events (workshops, training, and conferences) in coordination with the project team and partners.
- Contribute to providing technical and logistic support necessary for staff on the administrative and financial levels.
- Coordinate with the project coordinator to ensure a cohesive and sound program approach.
- Assist the project coordinator with reports, invoices, contracts, and other documents for easy access.
- Update and compile the project databases on a weekly and monthly basis as needed.
- Provide detailed updates to the project coordinator or other stakeholders.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, computer science, computer engineering, or any related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in similar positions and/or in similar sectors.
- Freelancing background preferred.
- Good experience in technical support.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to organize work and implement activities with high-level standards, and a proven track record in producing quality work.
- Demonstrated capacity for teamwork and coordination with all partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills; ability to verbally express ideas assertively, and clearly, as well as, to prepare reports, project plans, and presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively and independently under pressure.
- Interested candidates should send a cover letter in English demonstrating how their skills and experience match the job along with their CV which should include three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org AND fill in the application form (Click here)
- Please indicate in the email subject: Project Assistant Position.
- Closing date for applications: Tuesday, January 24, 2023.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.