Women’s Affairs Center (WAC) is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of advocating women’s human rights and gender equality through Empowering Women, Information and Research, and Advocacy and Outreach programs. While implementing its strategy to fulfill its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
With funding from DanChurchAid (DCA) and Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) and in Cooperation with the Women’s Affairs Center (WAC), WAC will be implementing a project under the title "Economic empowerment for Gaza entrepreneurs” for the year 2023. The project is designed to respond to the high unemployment and poverty rates among a large segment of young women graduates. This is by empowering them to have greater access to decent job opportunities through freelance work. The project aims to enhance the freelancing skills among the targeted beneficiaries by providing training and coaching on freelancing-related tracks.
WAC is seeking a highly motivated candidate for the position of Field Coordinator to work in its office in Gaza. Following is the description of this position:
Vacant Position: Field Coordinator – (Full-time)
Location: Gaza Strip
Contract Duration: 6 Months with the possibility of extension.
Expected Starting date: ASAP
She/he will be reporting directly to Project Coordinator.
Field coordinator responsibilities:
- Supervise the project's daily site activities to ensure adequate quality and progress.
- Conduct sound coordination, implementation, and monitoring of fieldwork activities of the project.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders and undertake monitoring activities.
- Develop a regular plan of action and regularly evaluate the field progress in line with the defined project objectives.
- Track targeted beneficiaries' progress using appropriate project tools.
- Prepare needed reports and related documentation for the assigned project
- Coordinate with the project coordinator to ensure a cohesive and sound program approach.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, computer science, computer engineering, or any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in similar positions and/or in a similar sector.
- Freelancing background preferred.
- Good experience in technical support.
- Good English skills.
- Ability to organize work and implement activities with high-level standards, and a proven track record in producing quality work.
- Demonstrated capacity for teamwork and coordination with all partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills; ability to verbally express ideas assertively, and clearly, as well as, to prepare reports, project plans, and presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively and independently under pressure.
- Interested candidates should send a cover letter in English demonstrating how their skills and experience match the job along with their CV which should include three professional references to: email@example.com AND fill in the application form (Click Here)
- Please indicate in the email subject: Field Coordinator Position.
- Closing date for applications: Tuesday, January 24, 2023.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.