Accountant job advertisement
Women’s Affairs Center (WAC) is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of advocating women’s human rights and gender equality through Empowering Women, Information and Research, and Advocacy and Outreach programs. While implementing its strategy to fulfil its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
Vacant Position: Accountant
Location: Gaza Strip
Contract Duration: One year with the possibility of extension.
Expected Starting date: ASAP
WAC is seeking a qualified Accountant to work in close cooperation with WAC finance department team as following:
- Responsible of daily accounting and finance functions including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking and payroll.
- Follow-up the bank and book balances.
- Participate in ensuring all accounting records and supporting documentations for all financial transactions are maintained in systematic order and in a safe and secure condition under the custody of the organization;
- Prepare and maintain important financial reports
- Prepare employee salary statements
- Ensure taxes are paid properly and on time
- Enter the data in the WAC accounting system
- Assist and support in the preparation of budgets for projects proposals and annual office budgets
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- A Bachelor Degree in Accounting or relevant field
- At least two years of accounting and financial management experience.
- Good knowledge of general financial accounting
- Very organized and structured.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and spoken English
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter in English demonstrating how their skills and experience match the job along with their CV to: [email protected] AND fill in the application form Click here
Please indicate in the email subject: Accountant.
Closing date for applications is: 12 September 2022.