REQUEST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE/ Business Advisor Expert
Solid Waste Management (SWM) Project
Women Affairs Center (WAC) was established in August 1991 by a group of activist professional women to promote women's rights and gender equality within the Palestinian society via empowering and enhancing women abilities in a range of non-traditional skills to address the problems and respond to the needs of women under the difficult political, socioeconomic, cultural and legal context in the Gaza Strip. It’s a women knowledge-based centre playing an innovative and catalytic role in empowering women; and advocating women's rights and gender equality in the Palestinian sustainable development process. WAC is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of empowering women and advocating women’s rights and gender equality through capacity development, information and innovative research and advocacy programs.
DCA/NCA and its implementing partner, Women Affairs Centre (WAC), propose a gender responsive project to tackle plastic waste problems by empowering women against the negative effects of Climate, while enhancing vulnerable women’s economic coping capacity via receiving cash from the recycling of plastic to cover their basic needs.Waste that is not properly managed – especially excreta and other liquid solid waste from households and the community is a serious health hazard and leads to the spread of infectious diseases.
The project "2022 MFA WASH global" is 7 Month project implemented by WAC funded by DCA/NCA. Solid WASTE Management (SWM) project aims to empowering women against the negative impact of climate change, while enhancing vulnerable women’s economic coping capacity via receiving cash from the collecting of plastic to cover their basic need. The Project will focus on testing different solutions for management and treatment of solid waste management-related problems whilst meeting the basic humanitarian needs for GBV survivors and their families. In addition, supporting female entrepreneurs that are from a low socio-economic background by creating an income generation businesses opportunity in plastic collection and decent jobs in sorting and processing and to turn plastic waste as raw material that could be remanufactured in Gaza
Purpose and expected outputs of this assignment
Within the framework of the project, the outputs of this assignment will include Provided consultancy services and training (40 training hours) for 3 startup candidates that will work in the Plastic industrial sector through Supporting the three females' entrepreneurs with the required capacities to develop their business feasibility.
To achieve the above objective, the business advisor will Work closely with three female entrepreneurs to develop their business, feasibility, financial, and marketing plan related to (SWM) business taken into consideration the findings of the baseline study findings/results. The consultant, through this assignment, is responsible for the following main tasks:
- Support and training three females in business, feasibility, financial, and marketing plan for their project related for (SWM) (MAX 40 training hours)
- Preparing economic feasibility study in SWM mainly in Plastic, the study should contain the sustainability of the established small business and Provideing monitoring, supervision from the business adviser during the implementation period to ensure continuity of business sustainability
Purpose and expected outputs of this assignment
Work is expected to be finalized within 8 working days /40 training hours /5 hour per day after signing the contract with the selected consultant. The consultant should submit a timesheet up to the specified Working Days (WD = 5 Working Hours).
Required Qualifications and Experience of the Consultancy:
- The suitable consultant should have at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Competitive experience in training beneficiaries on micro-projects management and sustainability (operationally and financially).
- Good knowledge and extensive experience in applying similar projects.
- Competitive experience in financial services for entrepreneurs.
- Experience in approaches related to private sector engagement.
- Experience in social enterprise development and approaches
- Consultancy offers should contain the following:
- One copy of both Technical and Financial offers in separate and sealed envelopes.
- Profile / CV of the consultant with relevant experience in similar consultancies.
- The prices in Dollars.
- Schedule of the expected period of accomplishment the required service with considering the required period.
- Enclose the proposed feasibility study sample.
- Copy of ID.
The evaluation method will be the quality and cost-based selection. A two-stage procedure shall be utilized in evaluating the Proposals; a technical evaluation and a financial evaluation.
Proposals will be ranked according to their combined technical and financial scores using the weights of 70% for the Technical Proposal; and 30% for the offered price.
The report outline for this assignment should contain at least the following parts:
- Executive summary an overview of Plastic business establishing and economic feasibility.
- Summary of SWOT analysis for the small plastic project.
- Suggestion and Recommendations for sustainability.
- Training report
Closing Date and Delivery
Closing date for receiving consultancy offers is 28/08/2022 at 12:00 PM. Offers must be submitted by hand to WAC procurement officer
Documents to be included when submitting the offer
Consultants shall submit the following documents/information) to demonstrate his/ her qualifications:
I: Technical offer (in English):
- C.Vs with an indication of 3 references as well as the permanent e-mail and phone contact.
- Portfolio of Experience: provide lists of similar (and commentary) consultancies, etc., to assess competencies and skills of the applicant.
II: Detailed Financial proposal (expected budget).
The proposed budget should reflect the following:
- Cost: while the selection may not necessarily be based on cost per item, WAC will assess the prices proposed, as compared with the demonstration experience and quality, to ensure that the prices are reasonable.
Payments shall be after final approval and submission all requirements and based on the number of training hours and business plan. The consultant shall be required to submit a payment request with the deliverables submitted.
Please downlod th TOR from here
The interested consultants (individual) are kindly requested to express approval of the offer by signing all the TOR papers, with submitting the requested documents to the below address:
WAC Address: Al Rimal –Khalil Al Wasir ST.Al Said Building Tel: 00970 8 2877311. 2877312
For further information, please contact :0598364653